The Morrison House is one of the value preservations in Hyde Park Historic District. Mr. William A. Morrison built the home in 1885. The architecture of prevailing time was Bungalow to Prairie and Vernacular with this homestyle being Prairie Italianate architecture. The Morrison House is one of Tampa’s historic landmarks. Built in the 1880’s, the Collier family and many of their ancestors resided here. One bought 20 acres which originally belonged to the home and grew and sold vegetables to the US Army at Fort Brook. A State Attorney General once resided at the house…Attorney General Thomas Watson. This magnificent home is on over ½ acre of beautifully landscaped and appointed land with a garden, pool with hot/cold outdoor shower & half bath, cabana, outdoor kitchen, outdoor lounging, eating areas and firepit area. Each owner must have loved this home more than the last as it has been taken care of and is in impeccable condition. This recent owner has made it into a most current home yet kept the romance and charm of the home. The modern/contemporary kitchen & baths are reconstructed in a manner to be uniquely inherent to the house, but blended into a contemporary style of today. It takes real ingenuity to do this. The new three car garage and upstairs one bedroom living /dining room and kitchenette apartment are totally contemporary inside yet look like it has always been part of the estate on the exterior. See Supplement for More Details!
Legal Description: MORRISON GROVE SUBDIVISION N 30 FT OF LOT 15 AND LOTS 16 AND 17 BLOCK 11
Inquire About 850 S NEWPORT AVE
If you have specific questions or would just like more information, THE Gail Spada TEAM is here to help.