I’m SORRY… WHAT did you say??
Recently, sitting down in our C21 office with new customers, our mission was to help them find THE perfect SFH! Mr. and Mrs. Buyer had done some online research thru our IDX website and found a REO listing with the SF they were interested in and, as a BONUS, the home also included a cozy MEIK, HWF, FDR and LR!! Relocating from a cold climate, the buyers were thrilled to see that the home also featured a MBRFP as well as a solar-heated I/G PL. We shared that the home was located within a PUD and that there was a mandatory HOA with DEDRS. Situated on a ½ AC, the lot was also located in a quiet CLDSC. Knowing the home would not remain ACTV very long on the MLS, our very excited customers put in a full price P&S offer, complete with POF and a pre-approval letter showing they were FHA buyers. To their delight, their offer was accepted by the seller!
Having now identified the PERFECT home, Mr. and Mrs. Buyer setup another appointment with the MTG company where they had previously obtained their pre-approval letter prior to their house-hunting. They completed their loan application and discussed the new federal TRID guidelines as well as DTI ratio, PMI, PITI, APR, and LTV ratio. The need for a possible POA was also discussed as one of the buyers might need to be out of the country on business during the time of settlement.
The contract allowed for a specific inspection period, so the buyers planned to choose an ASHI HI to assess the structural and mechanical components which would include the HVAC, GFCI outlets and W/D, to name just a few items. A WDO inspection would also need to be completed.
As members of NAR, FAR, HCAR and MFR, TGST looks forward to assisting all our customers from their initial home-search all the way to the closing table, and beyond!
Interested in knowing and understanding some of the real estate lingo that is used by professionals in the real estate industry?
Check out our list below!
- AC – Acre
- ACTV – Active
- ASHI – American Society of Home Inspectors
- C21 – Century 21
- CLDSC – Cul-de-sac
- DEDRS – Deed Restrictions
- DTI – Debt to Income
- FAR – Florida Association of REALTORS
- FHA – Federal Housing Administration
- FDR – Formal Dining Room
- GFCI – Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter
- HCAR – Hernando County Association of REALTORS
- HI – Home Inspector
- HOA – Home Owner’s Association
- HVAC – Heating/Venting/Air Conditioning
- HWF – Hardwood Floors
- IDX – Internet Data Exchange
- I/G PL – In-ground Pool
- LR – Living Room
- LTV – Loan to Value
- MBRFP – Master Bedroom Fireplace
- MEIK– Modern Eat-in Kitchen
- MFR – My Florida Regional
- MLS – Multiple Listing Service
- MTG – Mortgage
- NAR – National Association of REALTORS
- P & S – Purchase & Sale
- PITI – Principal/Interest/Taxes/Insurance
- PMI – Private Mortgage Insurance
- POA – Power of Attorney
- POF – Proof of Funds
- PUD – Planned Unit Development
- – REALTOR
- REO – Real Estate Owned
- RESPA – Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
- SF – Square Footage
- SFH – Single Family Home
- TGST – THE Gail Spada TEAM
- TILA – Truth in Lending Act
- TRID – Tila-Respa Integrated Disclosure
- W/D – Washer/Dryer
- WDO – Wood Destroying Organism
We hope you found this post to be informative, interesting and fun… Watch for our next BLOG POST in 2 weeks. Be sure to visit us at www.GailSellsFloridaHomes.com, for valuable tools and resources for both buyers and sellers in Spring Hill, Brooksville, Hernando Beach and Weeki Wachee.Until then… it’s all about YOU!