Welcome back to Part 2 of our series regarding super-easy and cost-effective ways to greatly increase the odds of selling your home. Remember these “Golden Rules” of home staging when you decide to market your home for sale: Sanitize, Neutralize, Maximize, De-Personalize and Modernize. Over the years, I have shared the importance of these rules with sellers and have integrated them into my marketing strategies as they play a huge role in prepping a home for sale.
- Choose gender-neutral colors for walls and décor for an inexpensive way to enhance the appeal of any bedroom.
- Add a headboard, if you don’t have one! It will provide an impactful visual focal point and adds sophistication.
- Clear surfaces to make them clutter-free. Add an inviting touch of a vase of fresh flowers.
- Make sure the bedding is “Resort Hotel Approved”! Also, by adding extra accent pillows, it will instantly make the bed appear more inviting and luxurious.
- Bedrooms should have a clear purpose – Comfort and Relaxation! Remove office furniture, televisions and anything else that might detract from that purpose.
- Thin out all closets of unnecessary clutter.
- Keep floors as clear as possible.
- Replace clear bins with opaque bins.
- Install extra lighting to illuminate the space.
- Organize clothes by color and use matching hangers. Hangers are inexpensive, so splurge on higher quality ones to replace those free wire hangers from the dry cleaners. This will add visual impact and a more luxurious feel.
- If the walls are grimy, spray them with a mixture of one-part bleach and one-part water and then follow up with a fresh coat of paint in a neutral palette.
- Replace any burned-out light bulbs in lighting fixtures and ceiling fans. Be sure they are dust-free!
- De-clutter and clear countertops of everything but the essentials. Do this for your shower items, as well.
- Don’t replace grimy shower doors! Save some money by mixing a solution of one-part muriatic acid (available at your local hardware store) and 10-parts water. Apply some elbow-grease to make them look like new. Don’t forget to freshen up any discolored caulking.
- Use color-coordinated bath/hand towels that are spotless. For a spa-like feel, roll up the towels and place vertically in a wicker basket and display it on the counter.
Watch for our NEXT BLOG POST as we conclude our series on “Golden Rules” to Staging a Home on a Budget.
Thinking of SELLING or BUYING a home in the Spring Hill, Brooksville, Weeki Wachee and Hernando Beach areas of Hernando County, Florida? Visit www.GailSellsFloridaHomes.com to explore our state-of-the-art MLS Map Search Feature where BUYERS can SEARCH MLS listings and SELLERS can SEE what their competition is doing!
Until then… it’s all about YOU!