At THE Gail Spada TEAM not only do we help you buy, sell and rent beautiful Hernando County homes, but we live in them too.
The interior walls of any home seems to attract those annoying little dents, dings and holes that can become an eyesore. If you find holes in the drywall of your home, scrap the call to a handyman and stop by the dollar store instead for what you’ll need to set things right. We found the perfect solution for under $10.
Supplies you’ll need from the 99 cent store:
- Wire screen, 99 cents
- String, 99 cents
- Joint knife, 99 cents
- Masking tape, 99 cents
- Sandpaper, 99 cents
- Drywall compound, 99 cents
What you do:
- Cut the wire screen 2 inches larger than the hole.
- Tie one end of the string to the pencil and thread the other end through the middle of the screen—then bend the screen, and insert it and the pencil into the hole.
- Pull the string until the screen is flat against the hole (the pencil helps push the screen flat against the drywall) and hold it taut while you apply the drywall compound.
- Tape the string to the wall to hold the screen in place as the compound dries.
- Cut the string when dry.
- Sand and smooth compound with joint knife.
- Enjoy reading THE Gail Spada TEAM blog while sitting in the room with the newly repaired drywall hole.
Spring Into Home Improvement With THE Gail Spada TEAM
Gail and her TEAM are getting ready for the spring by posting an entire series on home improvement. You can get ready for the spring with our FREE Lowe’s Coupon!THE Gail Spada TEAM hopes you have found this information useful. Your feedback is encouraged. Until next time, please remember our pledge: When it comes to buying or selling property in Hernando County, we make sure … it’s all about YOU!