At THE Gail Spada TEAM not only do we help you buy, sell and rent beautiful Hernando County homes, but we live in them too.
That is why we love to share inexpensive solutions to household problems… and thanks to our friends at houselogic.com we found a 99 cent solution to a common problem we’ve all had before. Why pay hundreds of dollars repairing your countertops when you can pay pennies!
If you’ve ever had a scuff mark on a colored countertop… who hasn’t, you know that it sadly becomes the room’s focal point. But we found the right supplies to save you any embarrassment.
Supplies you’ll need from the 99 cent store:
- Crayons, 99 cents
- Spatula knife, 99 cents
- A microwave-safe bowl, 99 cents (If you have one you’re willing to sacrifice to melt crayons, you just saved another 99 cents.)
Total: $2.97. ($3.96 if you throw in a lemonade-type drink.)
What you do:
- Pick the Crayon whose color comes closest to matching your countertop. Peel off the paper and place it in the bowl.
- Pop the crayon and bowl in the microwave.
- Pour the hot, melted crayon onto the scuff mark and work it into the indentation with the spatula knife.
- Scrape off the excess with the spatula knife.
The Crayon mixture will harden and dry quickly, erasing your countertop flaw.
Spring Into Home Improvement With THE Gail Spada TEAM
Gail and her TEAM are getting ready for the spring by posting an entire series on home improvement. You can get ready for the spring with our FREE Lowe’s Coupon!THE Gail Spada TEAM hopes you have found this information useful. Your feedback is encouraged. Until next time, please remember our pledge: When it comes to buying or selling property in Hernando County, we make sure … it’s all about YOU!